||AEDs, A Life-Saving Investment
Cardiac Kids families receive a
20% discount on our AEDS
Sudden Cardiac Arrest can occur at anytime, to anyone, of any age, gender, race and physical fitness level.
- NO ONE IS IMMUNE FROM SUDDEN CARDIAC ARREST (SCA)
- 40,000 Canadians experience SCA each year.
- 80% of all Sudden Cardiac Arrests occur outside of a hospital setting, either at home/residence or in a public place.
- For every minute that defibrillation is delayed, an individual loses 10% chance of survival
- Brain cells begin to die between 4-6 minutes post SCA with irreversible brain damage occurring between 8-10 minutes.
- The average response time for Emergency Medical Services (EMS) in urban centers is between 9-11 minutes with even longer response times in rural settings.
- An individual, experiencing an “out of hospital” SCA, has a 3-5% chance of survival.
- If an AED is attached to a SCA victim in less than 5 minutes, and proper CPR has been administered, the chance of survival can reach as high as 76%.
For more info about HEAVEN CAN WAIT, Read this Article in The Star
It's better to lose a minute of your life than lose your life to a minute - Learn what you need